Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

We celebrated pancake style! 
Baby girl wanted purple....
Big sister wanted green.....so we went with rainbow!
I had fun making them for my favorite mother's day gifts ever. =)

To mix, I used complete pancake mix (just add water).
1/2 cup mix, with generally 1/4 cup of water.  (we like ours a little runny rather than thick.  So just add less water for thicker and more water for thinner pancakes)

I made each color of the rainbow in batches.
Mix batter, add a few drops of food coloring, cook, rinse mixing bowl, and repeat.

Colors of the rainbow

V : Violet
I : Indigo
B : Blue
G : Green
Y : Yellow
O : Orange
R : Red


Mix in small batches unless you want 100 pancakes!

Each batch made 3 - 4 pancakes.

Arrange in order of the rainbow.  Watch out for little fingers =)
Smiles!


Everyone loves to help.

Yum
We had to take a few liberties with colors because the only food coloring I had was neon and a few of the regular primary colors.  Nothing substatues the real red! (ours is neon red)

No comments:

Post a Comment